We are Investors, Developers, Innovators
Geolo owns, develops and operates a multi-billion-dollar, global portfolio of premier hospitality real estate and lifestyle brands. By leveraging our collective years of experience in the real estate development industry, we successfully guide our partners and clients through complex adaptive reuse projects, historical restorations, and ground-up development.
Geolo invests in properties, products and services that improve and enrich people’s lives. By focusing our expertise on those core businesses, we’ve achieved a level of success that is simply unrivaled.
Our diverse portfolio includes complicated adaptive re-use projects, historical restorations and ground-up development. Our strategic advantage: an extensive and proprietary knowledge base, uniquely combined with a depth and breadth of industry-rich experience that is simply unequaled.
Full Service Operators
Geolo Capital co-founded and co-owns Two Roads Hospitality, a multi-brand global hospitality management company which lends its extensive operational experience to hotel partners around the world.
Possessing a signature blend of innovative design and indulgent luxury, Alila's Properties are thoughtfully situated in one-of-a-kind locations, and set apart by an unprecedented level of private space, personalized hospitality and singular experiences.
Discover Thompson Hotels: Sanctuaries of luxury for the chic, urban and intrepid.
With our collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels, resorts and vacation residences, Destination is committed to creating truly immersive experiences, which celebrate the best of each location in a warm and inviting way, inspiring our guests to come back and explore more time and time again.
Joie de Vivre is recognized for creating innovative hospitality services and designing one-of-a-kind properties.
A Timeline of
- Geolo places a venture investment in Livly
- Thompson Washington D.C. Hotel sold to Union Investment Group
- Geolo Capital places a venture investment in Fra'Mani Handcrafted Foods
- Geolo Capital launches a new hospitality finance vertical with two closed transactions: Alila Marea in Encinitas, CA and Kimpton Buckhead in Atlanta, GA
- Geolo Capital places a venture investment in Ori Living
- Two Roads agrees to be acquired by Hyatt
- Geolo Capital places a venture investment in WhyHotel
- Travel + Leisure announces Alila Hotels (#9) and Thompson Hotels (#17) in their 2018 list of Top 20 Hotel Brands in the World
- Announced new construction project with two hotels in multi-use building in Austin, TX; opening 2020
- Two Roads Hospitality ranked 4th largest management company by Hotel Business (based on gross annual revenue)
- Thompson Washington D.C. project announced; opening in 2019
- Ventana Big Sur reopened after $20M renovation including new Glamping sites
- Commune Hotels & Resorts merges with Destination Hotels to form Two Roads Hospitality, over 90 hotels under management
- The Beekman, a Thompson Hotel, completes a historic renovation with condominiums opens in NYC
- Thompson Seattle, a ground up, mixed-use and multi-family project opens
- Thompson Nashville, a 224-room hotel opens in the Gulch
- In partnership with Wanxiang and Sterling Bay, purchases and renovates Hotel Talbott in Chicago, IL
- Wanxiang invests in Carmel Valley Ranch, and in a joint venture with Geolo Capital purchases Ventana Big Sur in California
- Chicago Athletic Association Hotel opens after an extensive renovation of an 1893 building
- Alila Hotels, a luxury lifestyle brand with hotels in Southeast Asia, China and India, was acquired by Geolo Capital
- Epiphany Hotel opens after an adaptive-reuse renovation in Palo Alto, CA
- Geolo Capital acquires the remaining interest of Thompson Hotels; 40 hotels under management of Commune Hotels & Resorts in the U.S., Canada and U.K.
- The first JDV hotel opens outside of California: Hotel Lincoln in Chicago, IL
- Merger of JDV and Thompson Hotels; creating Commune Hotels & Resorts - the first international multi-brand lifestyle hospitality management company
- Joie de Vivre acquired by Geolo Captial
- Purchase of Carmel Valley Ranch in Carmel Valley, CA
- Founding of Geolo Capital
- Odyssey Club, a private residency club; sold to Exclusive Resorts
- In 1998 John Pritzker invested in Mandara Spa and helped to bring Asia's leading spa company to North America; in 1999 Shiseido acquired a minority stake in the Company and in 2001 the Company was acquired by Steiner Leisure